The Shadowman

Something very strange happened to me 11:30 pm last night. I was lying on my settee, (couch), and had fallen asleep watching a documentary on TV about the escape from Alcatraz by three inmates, Frank Morris, Clarence Anglin and John Anglin.

Nothing strange about falling asleep. I have fallen asleep before watching late night TV. And I suspect many of you have too.


The strange thing is that I woke up very suddenly and not gradually as I usually do. Not only that, as soon as I opened my eyes, I was completely wide awake and aware, which again is unusual for me.


And this is where it got truly weird.


As soon as I opened my eyes, I plainly saw the dark silhouette of a humanoid figure standing right in front of me. In a split second, this figure had moved swiftly to my left and disappeared. I was stunned and remember thinking; 'what the hell was that'.


I then noted that my whole body was vibrating. Not shaking or trembling, but literally vibrating from my head to my feet. I held my hand up and, although I could feel the vibrations quite strongly, my hand was as steady as a rock.


I felt no fear. In fact, I felt very calm, and even the vibrations didn't really bother me. And then without thinking I heard myself say out loud; 'Got you! I saw you!'.


I have no idea why I said that.


The vibrations continued for several minutes and then stopped. I sat and thought over this strange incident determined not to forget any part of it.


I have spent this morning going over the incident. I don't understand the vibrations at all.


However, where the humanoid figure is concerned, it occurred to me that maybe I had seen something I was not supposed to see. That I had caught this humanoid figure out by waking up so quickly. And when he/she realised I could clearly see him/her, he/she swiftly disappeared.


To where, is anybody's guess.


And who or what was the humanoid figure? And why was it in silhouette?


I have absolutely no idea.


I must emphasise that there was nothing scary about this incident and I felt no danger whatsoever. It was, nonetheless, a very strange experience and, as far as I can recall, it has never ever happened to me before.


Now I'm sure there will be many sceptics and debunkers who will say I had suffered some kind of hallucination.


Well, I can assure you it was no hallucination.


And you know what. I don't really care what sceptics or debunkers think. I know what I saw and I know what I felt.


And it was real.



No comments: